The MM team is excited to see your student back on campus. Be sure to follow these in-person instructions:
- Please bring a snack that your student can open and manage on their own.
- Our water fountains are closed; bring a water bottle with a name label.
- The teachers have their classroom doors and windows open for constant air circulation. Make sure you pack an extra sweater or jacket for your student as it can be cool in the classrooms.
- Students must wear a clean, well fitted mask each day. Please pack extra masks for your child. Click here for the CDC Guidelines for Masks
- Students who have not yet learned to tie their shoes may wear Velcro shoes, as the teacher will not be able to assist with lacing shoes. No sandals, closed-toed shoes are best for the playground.
- Children should be dressed comfortably and in clothing that makes it easy for them to use the bathroom independently. Avoid buttons; elastic waistbands work well.
- Please follow the Drop-off and Pick-up Traffic Flow procedures available here. No left turns are allowed into the parking lot between 8:00 AM – 3:30 PM. Parents must remain in the car. Students must exit curbside.
- Green Screen, https://bchdcovidscreen.org/ please fill out your green screen at home before coming to school. The internet service at Montemalaga is spotty, and you may not be able to access this link if you are on campus. It is helpful to make this a shortcut app on your phone for easy access and take a screenshot of the green screen with the current date to present at drop-off.
- All family members must have their masks on in the car before someone approaches to check the green screen and your student's temperature. Ensure student mask fit appropriately and cover their nose and mouth completely.
Drop Off and Pick Up Procedures
In Front of School:
- Traffic will move south on Via Acalones.
- You need to take turns at the stop sign north of school.
- Turn right into the drop-off/pick-up area.
- No left turns are allowed into the parking lot between 8:00 AM – 3:30 PM.
- After you turn right into the parking lot, wait until you are in the yellow drop-off/pick-up area and drive as far forward as possible along the yellow curb before letting off or picking up your children.
- Attendants will be on duty for safety.
- NEVER leave your car unattended along the yellow drop-off/pick-up curb.
- The green area is for Kid’s Corner drop off or pick up only. Kids Corner parents can bypass the line and park in the green zone.
- Be sure to turn right when exiting the parking lot. There are no left turns allowed between 8:00 AM – 3:30 PM.
- Be sure to avoid the red curb areas on the streets surrounding Montemalaga.
- If you plan to leave your car please park on the street and walk your child to or from school. Hold hands and use the crosswalks please.
In Back of the School - AM Co-Hort Students only in 4th and 5th
- AM Co-Hort Students only in 4th and 5th grade may be picked up at the back gate and only by going north along the curb on Via Acalones.
- Please pull forward, letting students off in the gate area.
- Do not cut in front of the line.
- Do not make a U-turn after picking up your child.
- Parents should not to park across the street and walk students across. It is just too dangerous!
Free Meals for All Montemalaga Students
Elementary Hybrid: Curbside service at the elementary site, Monday 10:15am-12:15pm and Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 11:00am-12:15pm
Elementary DLA/IS: Curbside service at the secondary sites, Monday Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 11:00am-1:00pm
We will not be serving meals at any of our schools this Friday 3/25 minimum day and during Spring Break
Proper PPE, physical distancing, and strict food safety protocols will be in place for the safety of our staff, students, and families. Students and families who pick up meals will be required to wear a mask.
All meals include a main entree, milk, and seasonal fruit and vegetable offering. We encourage your student to try our well-balanced and healthful meals to help them succeed with instruction and beyond.