Dear Montemalaga Families,
The first day of school is tomorrow. We are all excited for your student(s) to return with us for in-person learning.
Please read through the following carefully to ensure we have a smooth first day. Please see additional drop-off/pick-up procedure and traffic map here.
- Tomorrow is a minimum day. TK 8:30 - 11:45 & Kindergarten - 5th grade 8:30 - 12:00 noon
- Breakfast & Lunch will not be provide tomorrow because it’s a minimum day. Please send your student with a healthy snack. Students should be able to open and manage the snack on their own.
- Drop off will begin at 8:15 am. All students TK – 5th will be dropped off at the front of the school. Please do NOT drop off your child until 8:15 am or later. Do not let students out of the car until a staff member has checked your "green screen". Click on the following link for our screening tool.
- Your "green screen” must be shown prior to allowing your child to exit the vehicle/drop him/her off.
- Please pull all the way forward when dropping off your child by car and follow directions from drop-off attendant.
- Remain in your cars at all times. We can help open the doors. All backpacks should be in the front of the car.
- Your child must have their mask on prior to exiting the vehicle or entering campus. Please remember to send an extra mask in your child’s backpack. Per District direction- effective immediately we will require masking at all times with the exception of eating, drinking, or carrying out activities that preclude use of a facemask. We will continue to provide designated mask break areas outdoors for students to safely take mask breaks.
- Parents and visitors are not allowed on our school campus. We will have Montemalaga staff strategically located throughout the campus to help our students find their way to class during the first week of school.
- If your child will be walking/riding a bike to school (without a parent) please make sure they have a printed green screen to show upon arrival, and that you have notified Mrs. Tsosie with an email that your student will be walking or riding their bike to campus.
- If you were unable to pick up your car placard/ paper green screen on Monday. We will be handing them out to the students in their classroom.
- As a reminder, our parking lot is FOR TEACHERS AND STAFF ONLY. Please DO NOT PARK IN OUR PARKING LOT!!!
- Always, go right when exiting the drop off area and please DO NOT make U-TURNS in driveways and street corners as it is extremely UNSAFE.
- Pick up for TK-2nd-grade students will be at the front of the school. Student grades 3rd-5th will be picked up at the back gate.
Important Update to Sibling Watch: If you have a grade 1 or 2 student and an upper grade student, you will have to pick up your first and/or second grader and then return for your upper grade student. There is NO supervision between 2:36 p.m. and 3:00 p.m. Student instruction will be taking place for grades 3-5 and no one will be allowed on campus until after 3:00 p.m. Please be advised that out of concern for safety and liability PVPUSD is not allowing “Sibling Watch” at any of their elementary campuses.
Please be patient as the first week traffic is a little more hectic than normal as everyone gets back into the swing of things.
Get lots of rest, and we will see you tomorrow morning.
Mrs. Sandi Tsosie
Principal | Montemalaga Elementary
310.378.5228 ext 20200 | firstname.lastname@example.org