Hello Montemalaga Families,
The Montemalaga staff is busy as we prepare for all our Hybrid students to come back to campus. Monday, March 15th our 3rd, 4th, and 5th-grade students will be joining us! Please check out our website to review pick-up and drop-off procedures, reopening guidelines, and protocols. If you have any questions at all, please feel free to reach out to the office staff or me at any time.
- This Sunday, March 14th, is daylight saving, be sure to adjust your clocks and come to school on time.
- This week we will have a minimum day on Thursday, March 11th, for requested parent-teacher conferences. Reminder for our on-campus hybrid students, Thursday, March 11th, will be an at-home virtual learning day. Please do not bring your student to school this Thursday.
- Beginning Monday, March 8, 2021, Food Services will offer curbside meal service at all elementary sites. Families can pick-up a free breakfast and lunch daily for hybrid students in the pick-up/drop-off line between 10:15am-12:15pm on Mondays and 11am-12:15pm Tuesday through Friday. All meals will be packaged cold for reheating and consumption off-campus.
- Elementary Distance Learning Academy and Independent Study students will continue to have Curbside service at the secondary sites, Monday through Friday from 11:00am-1:00pm
- Please note that the elementary sites will ONLY serve hybrid students receiving in-person instruction at that elementary school site. Preschool or secondary siblings and Distance Learning Academy (DLA) students must pick-up their meals from one of the intermediate or high schools.
- Montemalaga Fun Run 2021 and fundraiser starts soon! We invite ALL our students and families to participate and have our students run, walk, skip, and hop 5 miles in 5 days. Have your friends and family join us April 12th - 16th to donate on your student's page and help them reach and exceed their fundraising goal! https://www.givesignup.org/Race/CA/PalosVerdesPeninsula/MontemalagaFUNRUN
The Montemalaga FUN RUN is on Monday April 12, 2021 to Friday April 16, 2021.
This month Montemalaga, PTA, and the DEI Committee are celebrating Women's History Month. Please visit their webpage for great resources. https://www.montemalagapta.com/
Skip to Content
As we welcome students back to campus, I would like to remind our families that we have counseling support services. The Montemalaga psychologist is available to support the social-emotional needs of all students on campus. The school psychologist is a resource to students, teachers, and parents when struggling with concerns related to mental health, social relationships, and academic growth. School psychologists can connect families with community resources and provide guidance on how the school team can support students experiencing a crisis. Click the link below to access the referral request form to connect with your school psychologist.
Mark your calendar:
Minimum Day Thursday, March 11th
Minimum Day Friday, March 26th
Spring Break March 29th - April 2nd
As always stay safe and healthy!
Mrs. Sandi Tsosie
Principal | Montemalaga Elementary
310.378.5228 ext 20200 | [email protected]