Mark your Calendar:
- Instrumental Assembly for 4th and 5th Grade – September 7th in the MPR at 1:15 pm
- TK – 5th grade Music begins the week of September 18th
- Chorus begins Wednesday, October 4th at 7:45 - 8:25 AM in the MPR See Sign-ups for 3rd-5th grade
- Instrumental Music for 4th and 5th grade begins Thursday, September 21st
- Ensemble begins Thursday, October 5th at 7:40 AM
Please mark your calendars for the following musical events:
Tuesday, December 5th at 7:00 pm the 3rd, 4th and 5th grade chorus and string and wind ensembles will perform in the MPR. The children will meet to warm-up at 6:25 in the music classrooms (chorus in room #36, strings in room#3, and winds in the MPR). If your child is performing in two groups, he/she should go to their instrumental group to tune first, then go and line up with the chorus. The Book fair will be open in the library for parents to browse around. This is a special evening filled with music and shopping!
- December 7th at 9:45 a.m. - 4th and 5th grade string, string ensemble and core/general music students will perform in the MPR. Parents and relatives are invited to attend.
Thursday, December 14th at 9:45 a.m. - All 4th and 5th grade woodwind, brass and wind ensemble students will perform in the MPR. Parents and relatives are invited to attend.
The children are excited to perform for you!
- Elementary Choral Festival – March 27th
Spring Music Performances
All TK through 5th grade students will be performing in one of six different performances this spring. All parents are invited to attend their child's final music performance in the Montemalaga MPR on the following days:
- TK & Kindergartens – Tuesday, April 24th 10:30 -11:00 a.m.
- First Grades – Tuesday, May 8th 9:30 - 10:00 a.m.
- Second Grades – Friday, May 4th 9:00 - 9:30 a.m.
- Third Grades – Thursday, April 26th 2:15 - 2:55 p.m.
- Fourth & Fifth Grade Woodwinds, brass and wind ensemble: Thursday, May 3rd 9:45 – 10:35 a.m.
- Fourth & Fifth Grade Strings, string ensemble, and core/general music: Thursday, May 10th 9:45 – 10:35
Each grade level performance will include a variety of pieces featuring singing, movement and percussion instruments and the third grade will also perform with their recorders. We hope you can attend your child's performance.
- Kathleen Peterson, Elementary Music